Our First Charles Wyatt Memorial Golf Day was a Success!July 4, 2018
We’ve returned from the green after a great day raising money for the Yorkshire Air Ambulance and celebrating with Wybone customers and suppliers in memory of our beloved founder, Mr Wyatt.
Yesterday we descended upon Hickleton Golf Club in Thurnscoe and 48 players began their 18-hole challenge, each with their own special edition golf ball dedicated to the memory of Mr Wyatt.
Up for grabs was a variety of golf and non-golf related prizes for those who played well and those who played not so well! We also had a raffle in aid of Yorkshire Air Ambulance and a competition on ‘closest to the hole’ for the 17th hole. We’re pleased to say that everyone took part for such a great cause and we even had one lucky winner putt the ball straight in!
We’d like to give a special thanks to our wonderful suppliers who donated golf items, cash prizes and Skoda, who had a car up for grabs.
The winning team and was made up of our Southern Sales Manager, Mark Hollinsworth, Dave Kenney from Veolia, Sean Blake & Nick Hammond from Havant Borough Council. Amongst the winning team, Dave Kenney was also the overall winner of the day with 41 points.
Congratulations to our winners and a huge thank you to everyone for taking part. We’ve already had some lovely feedback.
Sean, Havant Borough Council “Just a quick message to thank Wybone for a great day and evening. Thoroughly enjoyed by myself and Nick. It was also good to be part of a winning team – Champions.”
We’re so pleased with how the day went, we’ve already started to plan for next year!
Dave, Veolia “Can I just say a large thanks for your kind hospitality yesterday. I thoroughly enjoyed the day and company. Finished off nicely with a couple of prizes.”
The team at Nottingham City Council spoke highly of our glass fibre litter bins, which we highlight with a light green banding to match their logo. Taking home the ‘Last Man’ prize, Leon explained that the brightly coloured bins really help to encourage people in Nottingham to clean up their litter.
Carol, Queensgate Shopping Centre “I would like to congratulate Wybone on a great event on Tuesday. The location, set up and arrangements were excellent. Even as a non-golfer I was immersed into the all-girl team. Emma was a great host and I am now a qualified caddie.”
Paul, Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust “ I just wanted to say thank you for a fantastic day at Hickleton. I enjoyed every minute. Your whole Wybone team were fantastic. It was great to spend the day on the course with you.”
Thank you to all of our customers for taking part:
- Dudley & Walsall Mental Health Trust
- Barnsley Alhambra Centre
- The Queensgate Shopping Centre
- Luton Borough Council
- Lets Recycle
- Nottingham City Council
- Leeds Teaching Hospitals
- Alpha Waste Solutions
- Bromley Council Kier
- Havant Borough Council
Thank you to all of our suppliers for taking part:
- Cooke & Mason
- Resitex Ltd
- NDTec Ltd
- Greenwood & Copley Ltd
- Amethyst Systems
- Blackburns Metals Ltd
- Steel City Welding Services
- Bickerton Skoda
- Truswell Haulage Ltd
- Champion Mouldings
- Hanson Plywood Ltd
- Logoshack Ltd
- Overall Winner – Dave Kenney, Veolia
- Runner Up – Adam Gibbons, Wybone
- Third Place – Sean Blake, Havant Borough Council
- Team Winners – Mark Hollinsworth, Dave Kenney, Sean Blake, Nick Hammond
- Closest to Hole on 2nd – Mark Broadhead, Queensgate Shopping Centre
- Closest to Hole on 6th – Peter Vernon, Alpha Waste Solutions
- Closest to Hole on 12th – Neil Tyson, NDTec
- Closest to Hole on 18th after 3 – Phil Davies, Logoshack
- Longest Drive on 14th – Drew Pearson, Amethyst Systems
- Best Front 9 – Dave Kenney, Veolia
- Best Back 9 – Adam Gibbons, Wybone
- Blind Pairs – Adam Gibbons (we’re starting to think he rigged it!) Leon Lewis, Nottingham City Council
- Closest Putt – Matt Oaks, Steel Co
- Last Man – Leon Lewis, Nottingham City Council